- Do NOTuse Express Settings. Click "Customize Settings", and make sure EVERYTHING is turned off.
- Use a Local Account! You can do it while "Make it yours" screen appears by clicking "Skip this step".
Post Install Notes:
- Head to Settings > Privacy, and disable everything, unless there are some things you really need.
- While within the "Privacy" page, go to "Feedback & diagnostics", select Never in the first box, and Basic in the second box.
- Head to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Advanced Options > Choose how updates are delivered, and turn the first switch off.
- While within the Update & Security page, go to "Windows Defender" and turn off "Cloud based Protection" and "Sample submission".
- Head to Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Manage Wi-Fi settings. Turn off both switches to disable Wi-Fi Sense.
- Disable Cortana and web search in "Search bar" by clicking on it, going to Settings by pressing on a cog icon, and turning off both switches.
To disable telemetry open Command Prompt as administrator by clicking right mouse button on Start button or by pressing Win+X shortcut, and enter the following: